What is Sudbury?
Founded in 2012, the Sudbury School of Atlanta is a democratic, self-directed learning community run by students and staff that enrolls individuals ages 4 to 18. Empowered with freedom, trust and responsibility, students have unlimited time and space to explore their interests. Learning to trust themselves and direct their own learning, students feel confident in their pursuits while discovering a deep sense of community. The first Sudbury model school opened in 1968 and there are more than 40 Sudbury schools around the world.
- Children are naturally curious.
- The deepest learning happens when pursued by the learner.
- All people are creative when allowed to develop their unique talents.
- Mixed-age community promotes growth for all members.
- Freedom is essential to the development of personal responsibility.
Schedule a tour and get a glimpse of students experiencing freedom in their education. We also invite you to attend one of our upcoming Open House events. You will have the opportunity to meet staff and parents, while getting answers to your questions.
Upcoming Information Sessions
Saturday, May 13 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM